The BID team
- Diane Jarvis, BID Manager. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diane is the face of the BID and focuses on business engagement (with both local contacts and national teams), partnership working with stakeholders and access to funding. She is responsible for the operational and financial performance of Sheffield BID in response to the BID’s strategic business plan. Diane works regionally and nationally with other BIDs and industry bodies to ensure Sheffield is part of relevant conversations as we tackle some challenging times ahead.
- Michael Beirne, Deputy BID Manager. Email email@example.com
Michael provides a first point of contact to city centre BID levy payers. He manages delivery of projects, events and marketing as part of the BID’s annual business plan, ensuring that activities are current and relevant to the city centre.
- Paul Grogan, Operations Manager (part-time). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul provides operational support to city centre levy payers on environmental issues. He oversees the service delivery of our street teams and works closely with the police and other agencies around crime reduction and anti-social behaviour issues.
- Matthew Burdett, BID Police Sergeant. Email email@example.com
Matt is a city centre police sergeant assigned to Sheffield BID who works with the local community and our partner agencies. He provides support and advice to help businesses affected by anti-social behaviour and retail crime. Matt is the lead for Purple Flag – which is an award/ status for areas that display high standards in managing the night time economy. He works closely with the Local Authority to deliver the national award-winning scheme Best Bar None. He ensures that Sheffield BID responds to the latest innovations to tackle street culture as part of our support for a safer day and night time economy.
- Ian Mott, BID Buddy On Site Manager. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ian manages our team of four city hosts the BID Buddies (which includes Ian, Shaan, Chris and Jack). They act as a street concierge, providing welcome, wayfinding and reassurance to visitors. The BID Buddies promote our businesses, events and visitor attractions. When not greeting the public, the Buddies keep businesses informed about the activities of the BID, and promote BID opportunities to our levy payers. The team act as the BID’s “eyes and ears” on the street, providing intelligence and data gathering as well as reporting environmental issues and anti-social behaviour.
- Suzy Brain England OBE
Our current non-executive directors were elected at the Company’s second Annual General Meeting held on 26th October 2017. This current term of the Board includes …
- John Baddeley, Director, Wake Smith Solicitors (re-elected October 2017)
- Daniel Bates, Chief Executive, Sheffield Theatres and City of Sheffield Theatres Trust (re-elected October 2017)
- Nick Beecroft, Director, HLM Architects (elected October 2017)
- Patrick Duffy, Head of Branch, John Lewis (elected February 2019)
- Gail Gibbons, Chief Executive, Sheffield Futures (elected October 2017)
- Superintendent Shelley Hemsley, South Yorkshire Police
- Mark Hobson, Managing Director, Corporation (elected October 2017)
- Councillor Mazher Iqbal, Sheffield City Council
- Richard McGloin, Director, Sheffield Hallam University (elected October 2017)
- Simon Nevill, Associate Director, Ove Arup Limited (re-elected October 2017 )
- Dr Kate Platts, Finance Director, The Sheffield College (elected October 2017)
- Amanda Phillips, Jones Lang LaSalle (The Moor Management) (elected October 2017)
- Tim Taylor, Director of Customer Services, South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive (elected January 2019)
- Dr Sarah Want, Director of Regional Engagement and Partnerships, The University of Sheffield (elected October 2017)
- Kane Yeardley, Managing Director, True North Brew Co (elected October 2017)
- Diane Jarvis, Sheffield BID Manager (executive officer)